Dec 11, 2014

Marsala - Pantone Colour of the Year 2015

The Pantone color of the year announcement is always a much long waited event for all designer.
For 2015 Pantone announced the color "Marsala" 18-1438 as the color of the year. I have to admit I was not overly excited at the beginning until I started thinking about colour combinations and over a few days I warmed up to "Marsala" and can already imagine designing patterns which contain the color of "Marsala".

http://www.pantone.com/pages/index.aspx?pg=21163
Marsala Pantone color of the year 2015

I especially like this statement by Pantone :
A Unifying Element
"The impactful, full bodied qualities of Marsala make for an elegant, grounded statement color when used on its own or as strong accent to many other colors."

http://www.pantone.com/pages/index.aspx?pg=21163


And for sure I will buy this fab nail polish next...


http://www.pantone.com/pages/index.aspx?pg=21163



And here are some of my favourite color combinations for "Marsala"



And did you see this gorgeous dress in "Marsala"... by Derek Lam...I think I will dream about this dress tonight, it is just my style !

Dress by Derek Lam seen at Harpers Bazaar

I find this is the perfect implementation of "Marsala" in interior design

As seen on the Lonny website

And I love that pillow by Crate and Barrel

Linet 18" pillow by Crate and Barrel

And do you see the hint of "Marsala" in the center of that pillow ?

Pondicherry 18" x 12" by Crate and Barrel

And last but not least something for the Christmas mood...I found this gorgeous gift wrap by talented designer Allison Cole which you can currently buy at Target.


https://www.facebook.com/allisoncoleillustration/app_267091300008193



The New Year can start now in style with "Marsala"...

Happy Thursday !

Copyright for the top three pictures are with Pantone®

2 comments:

  1. Love this color, it is so rich and deep and moving. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - I am really warming up to this colour...just takes some time.

      Delete