May 15, 2014

Lupus…and Beautiful Butterfly Designs

Even though the World Lupus Day has passed already ( it was on May 10th ) I want to raise awareness of Lupus which is a collection of autoimmune diseases in which the human system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissues. This can affect many different body systems including joints, kidneys, skin, blood cells, heart and lungs ( source Wikipedia ). 

My designer friend Dawn Clarkson/Nice and Fancy initiated the idea to create beautiful butterfly art to raise awareness of the disease. 
The butterfly is universally accepted as the symbol which represents Lupus. 
Dawn had three showcases over on her blog on Monday with art from all over the world and of all ages…3-80 years ! 
In the past I never made it but I was determined to take part in her showcase this year.

Here you can see my butterfly pattern. 

copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2014
World Lupus Day - Butterfly Design copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2014
Please check out the Nice and Fancy blog to see all butterfly art Dawn has received for World Lupus Day. 
I think this is amazing and there is no better way to raise awareness than with art…don't you think ? 

Happy Thursday !

2 comments:

  1. How sweet of you Maike. It is true it was a great success and super way to increase awareness. I hope it gave pleasure to look at beautiful butterflies created by different artists. Some news you don't know yet because I still have to publicise it with a new blogpost. I had a total of 99 designs and I have donated 1 euro for each design I received... about 80 pounds sterling. Thank you Maike x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Dawn - well done !!!

    ReplyDelete