Mar 20, 2014

Early Work

Today it will be a quick blog post...I hurt my neck badly and I can not sit in front of the computer for long. 
But still I want to make sure something surface pattern related is going on over here and I hope you like it. 
I want to show you some of my early surface pattern work...hand drawn elements mixed with graphic shapes in mid century colours. Looking back at these designs, it shows I found my style early on and I still love working this way.

copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2012
"Floating Circles" copyright © Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma  2012

copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2012
"Half Circles" copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2012

copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2012
"Avant Garde" copyright©Pattern Jots by Maike Thoma 2012

Please make sure you stop by next Thursday when I will show my final submission for the March MATS Bootcamp "bold fabric with the topic Jell-o".

Happy Thursday !

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you hurt your neck Maike, I hope it feels better soon. These are lovely designs and you're right about your style, it's very distinct and recognisable. I love the colours in Avant Garde in particular.

    ReplyDelete